Thursday, April 19, 2012

Cinnamon Allergy- I believe in you

So the little guy that typically looks like this                                                    
 
Vanity note: bangs are not allowed, they just happen
                                                                                                  Looked like this
So he was dumping spices from their jars into tupperware- I was on the phone and it seemed a harmlessly quiet occupation- until he got to the cinnamon.  His face swelled up like a balloon, and the rash was a rough, raised, red mess.  All because of the dust that he created by moving the cinnamon from one jar to the other!  Now to be fair to Cinnamon, Brooks (kid #2) is an allergist's dream,  and a mother's nightmare in that he is allergic to the dreaded      NUT! So I wasn't super surprised by this new found allergy.  His athsma spiked, but no anaphylactic epi-pen crazyness so it was ok. I didnt even give benadryl, just some good old albuterol.  Poor kid though- no more cinnamon rolls for him.
(I have been resistant to this allergy business from the beginning;  to me Allergies are like Weight Loss without Excercise:  An impossibility.  But as you can see from the title of this post; I have seen the light.  So if weightloss could just show itself I'd be much inclined)

No comments:

Post a Comment