Monday, April 23, 2012

To cut or not to cut?

Every time I have a baby, or gain weight, or the seasons change: basically any time boredom sets in, I start to want to cut bangs.  My sister wants to go blonde, my girlfriend wants to chop it all off and my answer to all of us is- DON'T DO IT.  It's a terrible idea and it never looks good.  I'm using this pic of my sister's beautifully highlighted braid as a reminder not to do it.  Her braid goes down between her shoulder blades (I'm kicking myself  for not taking a better picture of it, at the time I was focusing on fishtailing the braid) and her hair is so awesome, but every time she has a baby (5 times) she talks about coloring it all blonde; I literally have to get to the salon before she does and tell her stylist not to do it!  My point is: cutting and/or coloring is generally not the answer.  After I had Davis, I saw a woman getting out of her Cadillac Escalade- she had this awesome full forhead of bangs and she just looked so cool, I immediately called my hairdresser and made an appointment.  My beautiful friend and hairdresser carefully, painstakingly cut bangs,  styled them, consulted another stylist about them and then said to me "I think maybe you should have gotten the Escalade."  needless to say I learned my lesson for the time being.
In case anyone's is interested- here is the tutorial we watched to learn the fishtail technique: http://www.hdofblog.com/2011/02/tutorial-fishtail-braid/

No comments:

Post a Comment