Monday, April 30, 2012

Organizing brings me peace

Not too bad right? For the closet of a 10 year old it really is in good shape, just needs a little clearing and organizing.  Before I started I tried to think about how best to group the shirts, her mother is a brilliant shopper and basically goes to J Crew and Lands End for most staples and buys in multiples.  So there will be 3 or more of the same exact white shirt that goes with just about every other thing in the closet. Or there will be 4 or more of the same style shirt but in all different colors.  And then about 3 to 4 different style of pant: Leggings, skinny jeans/pants, yoga pants etc. in all variety of colors. This is how my good friend shops, and its brilliant.  If it were only affordable!  At first I thought about color groupings, but decided against that since its harder to discriminate between styles than colors.  (Because the color of an article is blatant to look at, but whether a shirt is crew neck, v-neck, pocket, ruffle, gathered, etc, is not so blatant to see when looking at piles of clothes.)  SO I took every article out of the closet, (found new homes for some non closet related items) and re-folded and re-grouped by style and then if there were time I would group those style piles by color: from darkest at the bottom of the pile to lightest at the top.  And then the world inside that closet is all peace and harmony for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment